Build your career with Coulter Construction Inc.
Project Engineers assist the Project Manager with the planning execution of a construction project. They are responsible for the managing of critical components of the bids and projects. Managing schedules and budgets is a key responsibility and the PE we are hiring must have experience in both.
Responsibilities and Duties
Project Engineering and Document Control
- Working knowledge of project schedule and assist in maintaining the project computerized schedule.
- Work with Project Manager to prepare scope of work instructions, technical requirements and bid packages for subcontractor and vendor items.
- Utilize the project management system to expedite, review and approve shop drawings, submittals and safety requirements for assigned tasks.
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors and other GC’s on a constant basis.
- Ensure that assigned materials and equipment is released for fabrication in adequate lead-time to accommodate the required jobsite delivery date designated by the Superintendent on assigned tasks. Procure other materials and equipment.
- Obtain and check subcontractor’s pricing and assist in assembling change quotations as directed by the Lead Project Engineer or Project Manager.
- Assist in maintaining the project files, closeout and storage of documents at completion.
- Working knowledge of the contract documents to include reviewing all drawings and specifications for design inconsistencies and conflicts.
- Write field questions and expedite answers from Architect to allow the assigned components of the work to be fabricated and installed in the most efficient manner.
- Assist in documenting changes and maintain project record drawings and specifications.
Customer Relations and Communication
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and General Contractors and exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Clear communication and a collaborative approach is essential for a Project Engineer enabling them to share information between relevant teams and trades.
- Exhibit superior writing skills, and review and correspond to and from subcontractors and vendors for assigned tasks.
- Receive and distribute information on clarifications and changes in the work for areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field or 8 years of experience required. Experience needs to be in commercial construction only.
- Technology proficiency in programs such as Revit, Bluebeam, will be essential to success in the role.
- Creative problem solver and excellent communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with others.
- Please Note: Sponsorship is not available for this role.
· Applications will be screened as they are received. Apply at email@example.com. No phone calls please.